Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Remembering Halloweens past...

A scrapbook page of Bubu's first Halloween 05.
2007-Bubu gets first choice again, babies still to little to care. This year I fear will be a different story.
07-Meow, Atty and I.
07-Yummy mommy!
07-Juicy's first Halloween, and there is my husbands "little" brother to the side, just a little to big for trick-or-treating.
07-Bubu and his best friend trick-or-treating.

06-Monkey boy, Bubu's 2nd Halloween.
06-Baby Bubu picking out Pumpkins.
06-Trick-or-treat, say banana Bubu!
07-Peas and Carrots, babies first Halloween .
07-My boys.


Nostalgia. Planning this years activities for Halloween, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, making toasted pumpkin seeds together, Childcare Halloween party, outfit hunting, were to go trick-or-treating and such I can't help but think back to the last couple Halloweens. We weren't allowed to celebrate Halloween when I was growing up, and I was always sad about it, because I loved dressing up, not to mention wishing I had the candy stash that the rest of my friends had! I think this is way it is important to me that the boys have fun with it. I don't care for some of the things associated with Halloween, or what some people do, and all the gory stuff that is out around this holiday, but we do it in a fun way, and try to keep the other yucky stuff out of it. Anyways how the boys have grown in one year! My favorite pictures are of the boys dressed up for trick-or-treating. Bubu's first Halloween he was two months old and I dressed him up as a pumpkin. I took him in for professional pictures and he was so angry when I put on his costume, which consisted of a hat, a bib, diaper cover and booties, he just screamed and fussed. He was cold and having already done some previous pictures before changing clothes he was through with being cute, I didn't think I would want the pictures, but in the end when I looked at them, it was so funny to see him with his lip out, pouting, we call them the grumpy pumpkin pictures. We went trick-or-treating for a short bit, with my husband's little brother who was living with us at the time. Bubu wore a cute pumpkin sweat suit, and I carried him around in a sling, so he was all bundled up nice and warm. The following year he was a monkey, and a super cute one at that. We went trick-or-treating in a friends neighborhood and he really enjoyed it. Of course mommy charges a tax on candy (you know to fund future outings, or is it for energy?), so barely any of it ended up in the hands of Bubu ;). And now to last year, along come Atty and Juicy baby. Peas and carrots. Juicy made the cutest little green pea, and Atty, well being as he is a "carrot top" could be nothing else but a carrot. I couldn't find a carrot outfit, so I had to make it. I took them in for there baby Halloween pictures as well, and boy were they cute! Bubu dressed up as a frog, one of mommy's favorite little critters. We went trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood, with some dear family friends. It was a lot of fun (and of course in keeping with tradition I again charged a tax on candy, lucky me!) So once again this year I am planning our activities, and wondering what to do with the boys on Halloween. Bubu is officially Spider man and Juicy defiantly wants to be a dog, but Atty, well right now it's a toss up between a monkey and a tiger. I am hoping it won't rain, on my super hero and his little pets, but being as we are in Washington, that is a consistent hope of mine for the holidays (always seems to rain on the 4th of July of all days!) And I am also wondering, can I still get away with a candy tax? We will see!

No comments: