Friday, November 20, 2009

I am thankful that children make life so exciting, never a dull moment.

No more. I'm all done. I've been flat out feeling sorry for myself, I try so hard to not get that self centered narrow minded attitude but sometimes I am weak and whinny. From her until Thanksgiving I will only be writing about what I am thankful for. So here goes.

~Oh my goodness as I was writing this Spike was sticking a piece of crayon up his nose! Silly me thought he was quietly watching a movie (literally a few feet away). Well actually he was quietly watching a movie...while shoving a piece of crayon up his nose for no apparent reason. So I guess I will start by saying I am thankful that my husband came home right then and after a few failed attempts at getting said crayon out of his nose I am thankful that my husband was able to take him to the walk in clinic. I am thankful for the doctors that I hope will be able to remove the crayon with out complications...and I will end it at that for tonight...


4 comments:

A Musing Mother said...

And now he will have blue snot for the next week...

And you are no grateful that Crayola is nontoxic.

Lori said...

So very true...never a dull moment in a house with children...especially with your little crew. When my 5 were little I called them the zoo crew because it was like living in the zoo...lol.

We all have these moments of feeling sorry for ourselves....especially in those months after having a baby...not only are we tired from not getting enough sleep and going all the time but were trying to get our prebaby bodies back or at least close to it...and it's hard not to feel down about ourselves.

Hope all went well in getting the crayon removed. My son stuck a marble up his nose once and had to haul 7 kids with me to the doctor to get it out. Not fun.

MGM said...

Did you get it out? We haven't gotten the bill yet for the sticker my son claimed he shoved up his nose a couple weeks ago, but that no one at the urgent care clinic could find. *sigh*

Riahli said...

Yes they got it out...hours later and having sedated him! Then my husband had to wait even longer until he fully woke up before he could leave the ER. I was a mess! My husband didn't call me the whole time because his cell phone wasn't working! I was pretty worked up by the time my baby got home, very late at night. It was horrible. But all is well now.