Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"You're driving me nuts!"

"Uggg, this is so annoying", "I'm so frustrated", "It's bothering me", "Urrrrggggg!"

"Would you like help with the play-doh Bubu?"

Being three is hard, very, very hard. Right now everything and everyone is driving Bubu crazy.
"You're driving me nuts" he will say with a sigh of annoyance. Where does he get this stuff from...it must be from his dad's side of the family.

"They tor-tur-ing me, ahhhhhh, urggggg, they tor-tur-ing me!" Followed by ear splitting screams and pitiful wailing. Telling him that his brothers touching him is not torture means nothing to him. "Your so annoying" is his new favorite phrase.

And talk about bossy! OMGoodness, he is constantly on rules patrol. He was bossing the babies around last night and I asked him to stop bossing, told him yet again he is not the boss. He looks at me all annoyed and says "You boss them". I tell him I will take care of it, talk to the babies and turn to leave and the little stinker tells me "No you Boss them MoM!" Apparently I didn't tell them off well enough.

He actually turned to me the other day and said "I'm sassing you mom". What the...

He falls apart about everything, and I mean everything. A sobbing pile of child done wrong. His world just falls apart if his underwear happen to be inside out when I ask him to put them on. Oh and telling him that he has to stay dressed, that he is to old now to run around nude all day, has been for a while, that alone can send him into a tizzy. Modesty means nothing to him. The boys Hates to be dressed, always has. I have had to take all the tags out of his clothes and everything just to try and appease the naked monster. Every little thing about being clothed drives him crazy and he then feels the need to follow me around the house telling me about it. "it's to tight", "it's to itchy", and of course the good stand by, "it's annoying me".

I know everyone talks about the terrible twos, but my little angel, turned psycho child sailed through the two like a breeze. Little did I know at the time he was saving it all up to surprise me with later. What a sweet little boy, he knows how much I like surprises.

7 comments:

Marlea said...

oh yes the threes!!! oh my gosh! Lucy was way worse when she was 3. Screeming bloody murder. My neighbors actually came over to check on her before! I dont envy you one bit! But I must say that 4 is great! Caymus is my super easy going little guy! So you only have a few more months to go!

Lori said...

Oh goodness, I can so relate to this post! Three year olds are wonderful little people but my goodness they are so frustrating too! Quite honestly, the terrible 2's were not so bad as the 3's...each day is an adventure in living with a 3 year old. Some days I am ready to pull out my hair in frustration with my little guy!

MGM said...

My daughter sailed through two AND three like a breeze (for the most part) but FOUR...Oh my heck! FOUR was a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Little Man has only turned one, and I am not trying to hurry his growing up, but I also can't wait, as crazy as it sounds, for all that you are experiencing! The whole "it's annoying me" is his little personality, all his own, and that's so cool! I just can't wait... :)

kath said...

am trying to figure out how to comment on here. I think I'm actually in the right slot now. Your blogs are so vivid. Takes me back a ways...you are an incredible person to have taken so much on and do such a remarkable job. I thank God for you every day...
Love, your very own mommaperson

kath said...

o.k. so looks like I did it except i have myself listed as "Kath" not Neenee--oh well neenee nana nemo mimi, remember that deal?
Anyway, hi to you and all your boys--and I SO remember that conflicting feeling about 'just one more...' Believe me, after having you then the three boys in a row, I really wanted to have one girlie to finish my course with--ah, the baby decade!
Love, me

kath said...

is "Mama" Marlea? The picture over there sure looks like her. Wow. THAT throws me back a ways!
As far as the terrible twos vs threes go, all I know is someone once said: "Terrible twos=terrific teens/terrific twos=terrible teens...
SO I guess you just have to take your pick. Maybe a terrible three year old will be a terrific thirty year old, who knows?
I don't remember you guys being all that horrible--it's called selective amnesia. (I think all mothers get that to one degree or another--) But truly, I loved your rumpus roly poly days...
Love, neenee