Saturday, April 4, 2009

uno or dos?

So peoples, I am going in next week sometime to figure out whether it's uno or dos in this tummy of mine. As I said in the other post I was going to wait until my 5 month ultrasound, but my hubby and just about everyone I talked to thought differently. So I gave in. Truthfully the more I think about it, the more I need to know. So much for patience. I looked back at pictures from when I was prego with Bubu and Spike and I really don't think I look much bigger, but my midwife is going by the measurement of my uterus not the over all size of my belly. For some reason I get big early and then slow down toward the end, opposite of most of the people I know. My belly just gets flat out gets huge, I have big babies, as in 10 lbs 10.5 ounces and 10 lbs 3 ounces, solid little critters. With both Bubu and Spike I have pictures were I am holding them up to my stomach when they are a couple days old and I am trying to figure out how they even fit in there. Bubu was breach and his big ol noggin was shoved up into my ribcage, and when you look at the picture of me holding him in the position he was in my tummy it seems like an impossible fit! I would put those pictures on here, because they are funny, but I look beyond wretched in them, having just had a baby, so you will just have to imagine it. Bubu ended up as a C-section, Spike was an all natural water birth at my midwifes clinic and this one (if it's just one) I am hoping for a home birth. Well see.

So I will give you all an update after the ultra sound. I cannot even wrap my brain around the possibility of two, and truthfully I don't know how I would ever manage. So I have convinced myself that it is again one big baby, sort of...

No comments: