Thursday, February 4, 2010

My time in the hospital...

Lots of moments were sad.

Some were happy. I loved the stuffed animals that I got.

Baby sister was with me. Some times she was the only one who could make me laugh.

This was around rock bottom, Mommy was having a hard time keeping it together.

I got an ouchie from where the IV board was on my foot (before they moved it to my hand), mommy was sad to see that and gave me lots of kisses.

My brothers came to see me, but they had to wave from the door because I got a stuffy nose and they put me in isolation. Mommy was really mad. I wasn't sick, they figured that out after my brothers had already left. Daddy got to visit with me though and we had lots of great snuggles.

Mommy went to visit with brother's and they went on a walk together.

They took pictures with all the awesome animal statues at Children's hospital.

Mommy was so sad to have to say goodbye to them that she cried for hours.

My Neenee came to visit me and so did lots of other people. They brought mommy food and love and well wishes for me. A couple people gave mommy money for a yummy coffee drink, they know her so well! It was very nice of them, mommy was drinking the free drip coffee but she made a face at every sip because I guess it was super nasty. The nurses figured out really fast that mommy needs her Cup of Coffee in the morning, before Anything Else. If I could of talked I would have told them that myself!

My sister spent a lot of time in her backpack carrier.

I finally got to go for a wagon ride to see the animal statues. I wasn't talking, but I had a smile on my face so mommy walked me around for a long time and showed me every single statue.

It was a lot of fun! So nice to get out of the room for a little while.

Then they told us that we might be able to go home for my birthday. My sister thought that was super cool!!

My mom thought it was about time. Nine days in the hopital is WAY too long.

We were both pretty excited about it.

Mommy rushed around doing all the last minute stuff and before I knew it I was sitting in the lobby waiting for the van that would take us home!

We were so ready! Mommy cried again, but this time it was tears of Joy!


Kat said...

So glad you are home now, Atty! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! :)

Lisa said...

I'm glad you didn't mind me putting Atty on my blog. :) I know that through hard times, it helps so much to know that people you don't even know, really care. Great pictures, love to see the smile on his face!! Here's hopin' that February is brighter!!

Marlea said...

YAY Atty!! So glad you got to be home by your birthday!
Make sure you give your mommy an extra big hug for me! I think she is SUPERMOM!!!

mommytoalot said...

So happy you are home sweet boy. Love the pictures of the big animals and I can imagine how happy they made you feel.