Thursday, July 7, 2011

Red, White, and Blue

No I'm not catching up with a 4th of July post yet... I'm talking about my house! I finally went for it and decided to paint my front door red. I love it! First we took the storm door off, something I've wanted to do for a long time {previous owners put them in, but it didn't make much sense on such small front steps. People practically got pushed off the steps just opening up the screen}. Then I took some pictures of the house and went to pick out paint, found a color that looked great with the blue, or at least I hoped it did. I really lucked out because I didn't even try it out first, just bought a gallon and went for it. Don't ask me why I bought a gallon for a front door... I just did. Before


After
I also painted the trim white and I'm going to be painting the trim around the windows white as well. So there you go red, white and blue... what do you think?

Okay three catch up posts down, more to go...

No comments: