Friday, July 29, 2011

And shine she does

She is hilarious.Seriously... Seriously funny. I can not believe how fast she is growing up! How brilliant she is. The things that she says some times make my jaw drop. My heart aches for the baby she is leaving behind though. I see little glimpses now and again and that's it. It's proving really hard for me to let go and admit that my last little baby is growing up. I can't really call her a baby anymore and hardly a toddler! With her 5-6 word sentences, her independent nature, her drive to keep up with her brothers. She is not one to be coddled that's for sure {not that I coddle, but I do have to fight the urge with her sometimes} she lets me know in no uncertain terms that she is capable and demands that I let her grow up. Sigh. She is a little me, and so I understand and I swallow the urge to keep babying her and I step back and let her shine.



And shine she does, like the brightest star in the sky, or the prettiest fish in the sea. She's one of a kind sparkly, my girl. And I'm not just saying that because she's my daughter. ;)

1 comment:

Kat said...

Awww. I know. I know all too well. It just goes too fast. :(