Sunday, May 16, 2010

...Not that old...

Tonight my husband said something about how old he is getting at the dinner table. Bubu looked up and said "When you get old you die and go to heaven". Hubby starts to tell him that he's not that old but Bubu cuts in and says "Then we get a new dad". Wow, the things that come out of that kids mouth. We started to laugh because it was so random and then Spike said "You're crazy Bubu" and we all lost it. It was stated so matter of fact. These boys just crack me up, I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I don't thing my hubby will be talking about getting old around the kids again any time soon.
*
Same topic, different angle, the questions Bubu has right now about life are WILD! He is one deep thinker and when he doesn't have the facts he just fills in the blanks with something usually WAY out there! He's not even five yet and I find myself intimidated by some of his questions already! He is total fixated on life and death right now to the point that he often sounds morbid. He's also fascinated with good and evil and talking about what makes someone evil. He is constantly saying, "mom did you ever hear of a boy that did__________(fill in the blank with something awful from the mind of a four year old)?" Or he will say something along the lines of "there was this bad guy and he_____________(again fill in the blank as above)." He has a great imagination which I love, but the stuff he is focusing on right now is freaking me out. I know he's at that age where he is starting to understand life and death, good verses evil and such, I guess I'm just having a hard time realizing my first born son is growing up and moving on to the sad parts of life. Reality. Mixed with odd, outrageous, and just plain wacky comments that only my son could come up with. Spike was right Bubu's just plain crazy! :)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

:) your kid are too cute. Aidyn creeps me out sometimes too.

The other day before getting in the car he says:

"Hey mom, were gonna crash today."

WHAT?! Lets just say I went the speed limit, and was extra careful! Lol!

Brittany said...

:) your kid are too cute. Aidyn creeps me out sometimes too.

The other day before getting in the car he says:

"Hey mom, were gonna crash today."

WHAT?! Lets just say I went the speed limit, and was extra careful! Lol!

Unknown said...

Hi--Can't figure out how to comment in here, so hope this is the way.
Your M-day pictures are so sweet--your family is so blessed--the one of Ryder and Leiella is beyond words! It was great to see everybody giving you a hand in the front yard--even little 'super' Leiella. Went onto the site about Atty and tried to make a comment, but it didn't work. Anyway, just wanted to say am glad the diet is helping so much. I've tried to get Kia's family to go with that for more than a year, but they are pretty blase about it working for them. They seem to think that although she is tube-fed, the demented great grandma would screw it up regularly because she 'sneaks' bits of food to her. They wouldn't be able to just drop her off there, that's for sure. Will he eat any of those sardines? Think that might be why I'm drawn to them--for my own minor seizure activity they say I've got going on. Feed them synapses! I loved Ira and his 'little girl.' And Banden's comments--amazing insight! You-all are an incredible family, it's so good you have fused together in your difficulties.
Love, mommaneenee
p.s. Does Jacob have an email address he gives out?