Monday, July 27, 2009

invites

So here they are, cards on a budget. I printed out strawberry and strawberry shortcake pictures from the Internet. Then we cut the green card stock the shape of a legal size envelope (because that's what I had on hand). We carefully planned to make sure we got the most out of each sheet of paper. Then I cut a double flap of the pink paper and glued it to the front. When you lift the flap there is a pink background and all the info is listed there on the inside. I glued red checkered ribbon that I had on hand to the front and then used my sewing machine to stitch a line down the middle of each ribbon to make sure it stayed on...and because it looked cute. I also stitched around the picture that I glued on the front. Then my dear friend who was helping me hand wrote "my little strawberry" on the front of all the cards (Because she has beautiful handwriting and mine is juvenile chicken scratch in comparison!) and ta-da, all done. The kids helped glue the extra pictures I had printed off onto the envelopes.
My friend paid for the card stock as a gift, we used a small amount and she took the rest home for other projects so I not sure how to figure out the cost on that, but for everything else we spent not a dime. Each individual card basically cost me the price of a stamp. Even that I skimped on because if the person lived close enough and was someone I see on a regular basis I just hand delivered theirs! So I say we are onto a good start for a budget friendly baby shower in these hard economic times. We will see how I fare with the remainder of the shower preparation. The food is always what gets me. Mostly because we try to eat an all natural organic diet as much as possible and that is just hard to do on a budget. I reminded people on the inside of the card that gently used baby girl clothing is A okay in my book and in fact all that this mommy of boys needs! I can't wait to get together with all my girlfriends and celebrate the life of this baby girl!!!
*
My next dilemma is that I can't make up my mind on the fabric for Strawberry's quilt. So I am going to take my camera next time I go the the fabric store and take a bunch of pictures and then I am going to try and get you guys to help me pick. There are just so many cute patterns and colors to pick from I can't make up my mind! I decided on Quilt C, from the three quilts I showed you all before, so I only have to pick a few fabrics but still...

1 comment:

Marlea said...

The cards turned out so cute! You are very crafty and good on a budjet! Nice work!
I am looking forward to "helping" you pick out the fabric for your quilt! Your going to have fun looking at girly stuff!!!