Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Heat Wave

So you don't think I'm just being a whiney pregnant lady, check this out . It's hot. We are not use to this sort of thing in the Pacific North West. Not many of us have air conditioning over here in our homes. We don't even think about it. Because it's usually raining. My house yesterday...miserable. Even with every ceiling fan on and three other fans plugged in, they just blew the hot air around. Today, because my husband picked up a FREE (thanks to Craigslist and an awesome friend keeping an eye on things for me) old air conditioning unit last night, the kind that goes in the window, our playroom is a bit cooler. It doesn't reach far, but if you stand right in front of it... wonderful. So we are trying to huddle around that. The rest of my house is still too warm, but it's like ten degrees hotter outside today too so I am thankful for the cooler playroom (even though I am still sweating buckets). We can't even go outside this afternoon to play in the water because it's just plain WAY too hot out, the kids are watching a movie as I type, something we normally don't do at this time of day. My garden is pathetic, my yard scorced, my plants dying...so sad.

If I could pay my water and electric bills for this month with out looking I would. I want the rain back... ;)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I have been thinking about you and was wondering how it was going. I am so sorry about the job again. That is torture, I am so sorry. Honestly, what else is there to do but keep going, I just have to get up everyday and keep going. Otherwise I might kill someone!