Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I blinked, why do I keep doing that?

She's two! I can't believe she's two! My baby turns two today!!!I couldn't have dreamed up a more brilliant, beautiful, wonderful you. You brighten our lives with your wild self, your sassy silly attitude. The stuff you say blows me away, the games you come up with, the things you do. All that you have accomplished in two short years. I say short because truly it feels like I blinked.


How do I have a fully potty trained, speaking in sentences, independent thinking little girl... where did my baby go? My last little baby. When did the rolls disappear, you're not even a round little toddler any more. I have a tall, skinny, leggy little girl now and I just don't see how that can be possible. It seems the harder I try to hold on and make things slow down the faster they go... I'm trying not to be sad about it because I love watching you grow... but all I have now of the baby years is pictures. You've all grown up on me. My babies, no longer babies...not even my last little one.


Bye-bye baby years, hello to the big kids. Good thing I have lots and lots of pictures.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Awwww. I know exactly what you mean. It goes WAY too darn fast.
She is just such a cutie!