Thursday, September 29, 2011

"I am a puppy!"

This girl is convinced she is a puppy! She loves all things puppy, she pretends she is a puppy, she talks about puppies all day long... She found an old pair of pj's that once belonged to a brother and she wants to wear them every single night now, actually she wants to wear them all day long as well.I would say it's adorable, except she takes it a little too far. You see my girl is potty trained {thank goodness!} and wears undies all day long, keeps her diaper dry at night, totally and completely potty trained... except for one little thing. She likes to poop in the back yard... like a puppy. Yes, you read that right. I am at a loss for what to do. It's getting pretty ridiculous. A couple days ago I caught her once again getting ready to poop in the yard and I said the first thing that came to mind. "Leiella you are not a puppy! You don't poop outside, you poop in the toilet!" To which she replied "I am a puppy!" What followed was a never ending argument about whether or not she was a puppy... yeah it wasn't my best moment. But seriously, you are not a puppy. I'm all about kids using their imagination, but there is a line... and pooping in the yard crosses my line. Big time. I do not like doing poop checks in the backyard when I don't even own a dog! Never imagined as a parent hearing my boys shouting "MoM, Lala's pooping in the yard again!" Good Grief. I've given up on convincing her she is not a puppy and instead I'm working on convincing her that even puppies get potty trained... not that I've ever seen a dog use a toilet, but hey I did say I'm all about imagination right!?!

No comments: