Monday, February 23, 2009

Woo Hoo!

Guess what I got this last Friday?

I got a letter stating that our Home Study has been completed! Finally. So now we are entering the final stretch of this very long adventure. The adoption should be finalized soon. We have to get an attorney, and set a court date, and come up with some (lots) of money we don't have, but it will all be worth it as soon as we can put this part behind us and move on into our lives.

When I opened the letter I was half expecting to read something frustrating, something about some other form they needed or something that we needed to redo, so when I read that the Home Study was complete I shouting in joy and starting reading it out loud to my hubby and then I said "Woo Hoo", and Atty copied me! It was super funny. He was all excited too, we all were, we jumped around the house and cheered, the kids were really cute. Of course they didn't really know what's was going on, they just knew whatever it was called for a celebration.

It sure did.

3 comments:

Melody said...

YAYYY!!!! That is awesome... it is so great to receive GOOD news once in a while, eh? One step closer, definitely worth celebrating!!

PS it was really great seeing you on Sat., I miss you! The boys are so big! And that diaper cake was amazing, I would feel so bad taking it apart, I'd want to keep it forever :) lol

Lisa said...

yay yay yay!! My sister has adopted both of her little boys, and I remember the milestones clearly that she had to reach! The homestudy was one of them. As far as the money, that was a big thing for them too. It took some time, and a lot of effort and help, but they figured out different ways to do it, plus the good 'ole credit card. :) So happy for you and your family!

MGM said...

Yay! Congratulations! I used to do home studies for foster and adoption placements. Amazing how intensely a person is scrutinized before they are deemed qualified to foster or adopt a child when there are so many sub-par moms out there who needed no qualifications to birth a child other than being able to get knocked up!

I'm not as judgmental as that comment sounds. I've just seen firsthand the damage caused to children by parents who weren't qualified to be parents.