Thursday, June 11, 2015

Family days

My favorite spot to sit now. :)

Before you start thinking that my husband is never ever around, I thought I'd post some pictures of the family days we sneak in every now and again. ;)




Great walk at Padilla Bay.

Atty learned how to ride his bike! We turned his bike into a balance bike last year by removing the training wheels that weren't doing him any good and taking off the pedals. It really did help him get the idea of balancing. This year we put the pedals back on but he wasn't showing much interest in learning how to ride. Well a few weeks ago I really wanted to go on a family bike ride (our first one ever!) so I told Atty he could either push himself alone the whole ride or he could learn to ride his bike. It was slow going at first, and Ryder and I took turns hanging back with him while the rest zipped ahead. At one point he got really discouraged and I started talking to him about his attitude. That he needed to have a "can do" attitude and that someone who beat seizures can do anything they put their mind to. I traded spots with Ryder and went ahead with the other kids. A little while later I hear Ryder singing to Atty, a sweet song about being a bike rider now. I look over my shoulder and sure enough there is Atty just cruising along. Made my heart so happy. It's a real feat with his neurological issues. I'm really excited too because it's a good therapy for him! The whole rest of the 4 mile ride he kept up his good attitude, even in the rough spots, I was really proud of him. He's a bike rider now!








The moments when we are all together are the moments I feel the most peace. Such a treasure.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Way to go, Atty! That is so exciting! What an accomplishment.
Those pictures are beautiful. What a magical place.
And that first picture! Are you kidding me? I think I would be there ALL THE TIME. It is perfect.


Also, wanted to talk to you about tattoos. ;) My brother used to live in Portland (and worked as a tattoo artist there as well) so if you are serious about wanting a tattoo I could probably get him to give you a good referral on who to go to. I love my tattoo. If it is something you have wanted for a long time and have a design you love I don't think you'd regret it. :)