Monday, December 1, 2014

Little miss

I just realized I never blogged about my baby turning five! Good Grief!!!
I can't believe how this year has flown by, it's almost the beginning of a  new year already! I feel like I haven't even been able to properly process this one yet. Totally unprepared for a new year.
So my beautiful daughter turned five… in October. Yes I'm just blogging about it now. Part of me thinks I should probably give up on this blogging thing, because my day to day life is too chaotic to allow for a regular sit down and type sessions. But I love looking back at the years of blogging and reminiscing. So I continue, sporadically. :)

Dear beautiful daughter, inside and out, you make my heart so glad. You complete our family so well, and I'm glad I listened to that still quiet voice that whispered, "One more", when in all rational and in most peoples eyes I already had quite the handful. I can not fathom our lives without you. Which is why when people make the, "You have your hands full", comment to me I respond with, "And my heart".

So we celebrate you, all five years (and nine months) of you. :)

And we thank you for being so very you.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Aww. You will definitely be glad that you wrote this. It's lovely. And so is she. :)

I often think about giving up blogging but then I go back and read old posts and I realize what a treasure they are. I started to make it into a book for our family. I got the first year or so out of the way. When Tommy was sick last month he began reading the books. He LOVED reading stories about himself as a tiny toddler. It made me realize again how special this is.
It is a lot to try and keep up with but I definitely don't do it as much as I used to. Just when the mood strikes. ;)