Sunday, January 16, 2011

12 blurry months...

It was a year ago today that I wrote this. I can't believe it's been a year already. I was actually washing the dishes today when it dawned on me and I became so over whelmed I started to cry. The feelings of that day washed over me, the panic and fear felt like it was going to swallow me up once again. I had to take deep breathes and call a close friend to share my feelings with her. We talked about that day, and the days and months that followed, then we moved on to how far we have come. How well he is doing on his special diet. How amazing he is. How inspiring the whole situation has been for so many people around us. After that I really calmed down and spent the rest of the day reminding myself that it is not a sad day or a scary day any more, it is a day to give thanks and remember how far we have come. We had some family over and shared a nice meal and I made him his favorite magic diet foods and it was wonderful. So perfect. I love that today we took a day that 12 months ago threatened to rip us apart and leave us blowing in the wind, and we turned it around into a beautiful day of remembrance and thanks. I am so thankful. So today I will end this day on my knees, but I won't be pleading, I will be giving thanks. With tears of joy.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Talk about crying...with tears I write how thankful I am that it is a year later and he is doing so well...I remember my daughter telling me that I need to pray for you and him...and we all prayed...I too will thank God on my knee's today. XX

Riahli said...

You are both beautiful inside and out...thank you for your prayers that is so touching! :)

Kat said...

So, so amazing. What a journey! I am so thankful to hear how well he is doing. You are such a champion of champions! Really. What a mother warrior you are. I credit you and your never-give-up attitude for his remarkable turn around. You so rock!
Continued prayers for you, your miracle boy and the rest of your awesome family! :)

mommytoalot said...

So happy your sweet little guy is responding so well to his magic diet.
God bless you and yours..
Lisa