Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March happenings...

Well March is passing in a blur. And although I had good intentions of blogging about all the fun that March has brought, it just hasn't happened.  SO... I'm just going to squish it all into one post. :)

 Last weekend we went on a walk for water. It was a two mile walk by the bay, and it ended up being a  beautiful, although cold, day. We met family there, and had a picnic after, and the best part... we all got free stainless steel water bottles! ;)
Just in time for hiking and exploring season.

 I think I already mentioned the new chicks, but this just had to be shared. :) All eight fluffy little chicks perched on my arms.

 This boy got his first {very own} mitt, and he's starting T-ball this week! All his idea. He's really good too, but of course I might be a little bias. ;)

 This just had to be shared, look at all those blue eyes! I love how Bubu is trying really hard to keep his eyes opened, just like I asked, ha ha!

 I finally talked Atty into snuggling up for a photo, he was much more interested in visiting with the chicks in the laundry room. He loves to sit in there and watch those silly chicks. :) 

 Of course Patty's day was this month, so we just had to make a Leprechaun box! Our yearly tradition, try to catch a Leprechaun. :) The kids did it mostly on their own this year, and it was pretty cute!

I love how they decorated the inside.  We used little m&m like candies {a much healthier version with out food coloring} that were sort of rainbow colored. We use to use skittles {taste the rainbow} to lure the Leprechaun's, but I'm trying to get away from all the food coloring. It was hard for Lala to understand that we were leaving those candies to try and trick a Leprechaun {and in hopes that they would leave some gold coins}. There were some tears...

 But she was very excited to find the gold coins the next morning. Bubu and the boys on the other hand were very disappointed that the tricky little Leprechaun got away again! ;) Not before Teepeeing their bunk beds though. That stinkin' Leprechaun! 

 And in keeping with my divorce from food coloring I figured out a way to make most everything green at breakfast with out breaking out the green food coloring. When I was little my mom would coloring just about everything we ate green with food coloring on Patty's day. We always thought it was awesome, so when I had kids I continued the holiday tradition. But I was determined not to go that route this year, while still making it fun. I used creamed avocado on  the toast, and kiwi for the fruit {which is a special treat anyways} some cilantro on top of the eggs, and I juiced some fresh juice with spinach {as well as other veggies/fruit} in it. Yum, yum! It took a bit more work and forethought, but well worth it and kind of exciting, trying to get creative. :) The kids gobbled it up, it was fun, and I felt much better about it.

 This happens a lot at our house. Apparently the cat needs a pillow and blanket when sleeping. Spoiled much?

 The kids went bowling for the first time. We all had a lot of fun.
At one point we did have to call someone over to get Lala's ball that stopped rolling half way down. She really did try so hard though. :)

 Bubu liked to stand there and watch each and every ball until the end. :)

 Spiked picked it up quickly, of course. By the end of the night he was looking like a pro. :)

Atty's ball would roll slowly down the lane, taking in the sights, just like him. ;)

So there you have it, the random happenings in March. Can't wait to see what April brings!

1 comment:

Kat said...

That sounds like a fabulous March! Those chicks are so adorable I can't even stand it! Love them!