Monday, November 29, 2010

Helpers...




These two are so adorable together. Lately Banden wants to help with EVERYTHING. There are times when this drives me crazy, I hate to admit, because it slows everything down. But I know that this stage won't last forever and I do want to encourage and teach him. So little by little I've been letting him to more and more on his own. His favorite right now is rinsing the dishes for the dishwasher, and although he uses WAY too much soap and water and the floor is a puddle, he does do such a super job...and is so very capable! When I bust out the stool for him his little monkey sister comes crawling out of no where and scoots right up that step stool to stand next to him. She likes to supervise and is a bit bossy to boot! Banden is so patient with her and sweet. The perfect big brother, my oh my he is growing up fast!! For years before he turned five he would always tell me, I'll do that when I'm five, and now he's five and he is determined to do it all...and more.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute. My boys love doing the dishes too. Well, it is more like playing in soapie water, but still. ;)

Lori said...

That is so adorable and so good that you are allowing them to help. You are right, it would be faster and easier and cleaner if we did it ourselves but joy and lesson they get in helping is so worth it...plus practice makes perfect and before you know it you have a helper that does these tasks quite well. My kids love anything that requires water or dirt. :)